Case Study: Deleting the Whole Website (Sep 23)

In this case study, we will be deleting the whole content from a 5-year-old website and creating a whole new website from scratch on the same domain.


The website X (will not disclose the name) was getting around 30,000 visitors per month and it was around the Telecom and tech niche.

But the traffic was from a tier-3 country with a very poor CPC and no affiliate potential.

There were a total of only 73 articles on the website and it was earning only 12-30 USD per month from this traffic for the last 3 years.

The good part was that the domain has a good backlinks profile.

So, I was left with two options.

Either start posting articles around Keywords that are popular in the United States and tier-1 countries.


Just delete all the 73 articles, remove the URLs from Google, and generate content from scratch.

If you search around on the internet, you will find that most SEO experts and bloggers will recommend you to go for the first method which is creating more content and not disturbing the old structure.

But, I decided to take the second option and do everything SEO right, delete all 73 articles and start new posts from scratch.

When researching SEO strategies online, you will commonly come across the suggestion to focus on creating new content without altering existing structures.

However, I personally chose to pursue the alternative approach by implementing right SEO tactics, deleting all 73 articles, and posting new articles from scratch.

Let’s Begin

8 September 2023

A few months back, I started a small project website and wrote six tech-related articles. I thought to shift those articles now to website X as they were based on similar niches and start building the website around it.

So, I deleted the whole website X from my hosting platform and removed each present URL of the website from Google by using Google Search Console.

Then I did a fresh installation of WordPress and set up the theme.

Afterward, on the same day, I posted those 6 articles on the website X and provided the necessary 301 redirections from the new project site to those articles.

I also created a new quality about page and author bio for website X that should check all the important boxes of E.E.A.T.

Now, I will wait for a week for Google to clear the old URLs and start indexing these 6 New articles.

To be continued.

Leave a Comment