It’s not easy to create a domain name that will do wonders in the future. A bad domain name can cause a negative impact on SEO and your business.
Here are the tips below that are the best source of guidance to make the best SEO friendly domain. You can either register your domain on a separate company and host your website on another. In that case, I recommend Godaddy Domain registrar with SiteGround Hosting.
In another scenario, a blog’s hosting and custom domain are set up under one company. The choice is yours but I’m here to give you some quick tips to choose the best domain name for your blog.
Tips to Create a Domain Name for blog or website
- Keep in mind that it’s not a good idea to choose EXACT keywords in your domain name. Example: If your website is about mobile phone games then choosing a domain name www.mobilephonegames.com will not give you good ranking on google search. The point to understand is to use keywords but not the EXACT keywords in your domain name.
- Don’t create a domain name with too many characters as its difficult to remember, share and understand. Example:www.drupalbloggingwebsite.com is not an intelligent move. Be smarter and use www.drupalblog.com
Avoid grammar mistakes in the domain name.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens. They are not accepted well by Google.
- Use your brand name as your domain name. Your domain name will speak for itself.Example:www.apple.com has nothing to with fruits or apple. The “Apple” brand is enough for users to understand.
- Joining two words is a good idea for domain.Example:www.drupalworld.com or www.androidpolice.com
Remember ” Quality” of your content matters, not the domain name.
- Use Country specific TLD to provide a better search ranking for that particular country. A top-level domain (TLD) the last portion of a hostname or domain (such as “.com”). A country-code TLD (ccTLD) is a domain name signaling that content relates to a certain country. Only opt for this technique if your content or business is only for that specific country.
- The rest is all hard work.